What To Look For When Hiring A Vancouver Roofing Company
The roof is one of the most important parts of your home and any damage to it can result in significant problems including structural concerns. However, homeowner are often confused about when they should consider roof repair or even change ; to compound the problem, choosing a Vancouver roofing company can often be a daunting task with innumerable establishments touting their services in the market.
So, here is a look at some signs that scream for roof repair or even a new roof; tips on how to choose a Vancouver roofing company and the various roofing material that you can go for.
When you should you consider replacing your exiting roof?
There are several tell tale signs of roof damage such as
– Visible signs of wear including broken roof tiles
– Missing shingles and tear in the upper surface of the roofing
– Missing flashing around the chimney and roof penetrations
– Selling, cracking or blistering in the roofing
– Wet spots or stains that indicate leakage on the ceiling of your attic
– Dampness or musty smell in the attic
– If you can see sunlight through the attic the tiles used for roofing are obviously damaged
– A significant increase in the heating or cooling bills of your home.
The different roofing material that you can choose from:
Before you get in touch with a Vancouver roofing company to get a roof replacement quote, you need to know about the various roofing options at your disposal; their features and how they compare against each other in terms of cost affectivity and affordability. Some of the popular roofing materials include:
Asphalt: This is not only a durable choice but also among the cheapest roofing options in the market. Asphalt shingles are fire resistant which makes them a popular choice among home owners. However, the material is susceptible to sun damage so you should choose better quality treated shingles that reflect sun light.
Synthetic roofing material: This is a new introduction to the home construction market; these materials are well suited for flat roofs and commercial buildings because they are generally quite expensive.
Wood: Shingles made from wood are treated to reduce the fire hazard associated with the material; as a matter of fact, this type of roofing may not be allowed near areas that have thick forests around them.
Slate and Clay Tiles: These are among the most expensive roofing options; they are also very heavy so they need a good supporting structure to bear their weight. However, their aesthetic appeal is what makes them a hit with home owners who can afford to use these materials.
Metal: Metal roofing is not only durable but also fire and wear resistant which makes it an extremely economical option.
The things to look for when choosing a Vancouver Roofing Company
The durability of your roof will not only depend on the material used but also on the experience of the Vancouver roofing company that you choose to complete the job. Here are some tips on how you can choose a reputable Vancouver roofing company for the task.
– Always choose a licensed contractor to repair or replace the roof of your home
– Take the time out to check the reviews for the roofing company that you want to work with. Just because an establishment has a license to find and replace roofs does not mean that they are committed to rendering professional and high quality services. This is where reading reviews from past customers will help; it will give you fair idea about what you can expect from a particular roofing company.
– Do not just pick any contractor off the streets to replace the roof of your home. Not only will you lose the money that you spend for the project but also it can be dangerous. So, choose a contractor that has a permanent business.
– Ask about the insurance coverage that they have; the contractor should not only cover any liabilities resulting from work related damage to the people working on the site and third parties but he should also have coverage that protects you from material theft, machinery failure and poor results after the completion of the project.
– Do not forget to ask about warranties; a reputable establishment will have no problems offering you a warranty of 2 to 10 years depending on the roofing material used
– Finally, a reputable Vancouver roofing company will be happy to send over their people to assess the existing roof and provide a free quote.