Tips For Better Self Storage
There are many storage facilities all over the town. You have your own attic even. So, why do people still go for Self Storage? The best reasons would be they are safe and temperature-controlled, and also, they provide a lot more space than what may be available at home.
Tips For Better Use Of Self Storage Places
While selecting and placing your goods in a Self Storage, there are some important points to keep in mind. They may be considered as tips for gainful utilization of these facilities.
* Check out the different options available in the city. If there are no Self Storage places in the locality, scout for them in the neighboring locality.
* Check out the online sites and see the various stores available.
* Go and see the storage facility before making a deposit. Make sure that the unit space advertized is as mentioned. There are chances that when it’s the time to actually place the items, the unit is too small. Therefore, personally go and see the storage unit and pick the one that suits your requirement.
* Ask precise questions about the rent and make sure that there are no hidden costs involved.
* Check out the security facilities available in the premises. Though the customer is ultimately responsible for the items stored in the units, it always helps to get a place where the security system is sound.
* If the store boasts of climate-controlled environment, check that out too. See if there are proper ventilation and air-conditioning and humidification systems in the storage unit. See if the unit is properly sealable.
* Make sure that the items are packed in similar-sized boxes (if small items are being stored). Mark the boxes properly and try to keep the heavier boxes on the bottom.
* In case of electronic equipments, follow the instructions on their manuals regarding storage, for example, refrigerators need to be stored with their doors slightly ajar.
* Similarly, if the items stored are vehicles like cars, boats, bikes, motorbikes or RVs, make sure they are well covered and also that they do not have any inflammable substance in them. They can also be placed after being well oiled so as to avoid rust.
* When placing items in the unit, keep an inventory. The store authorities usually do not look into what is stored in the units. So make sure there is a list. This may come in handy if there is a theft or missing items.
* Check the lock of the unit. If possible put in your own lock (some storage stores let the users use their own locks for additional security).
* Finally, in case of doubt ask, ask and ask!
Self storage units are really great. They provide spaces like mini storage, furniture storage, RV storage, car storage and boat storage. Whatever may be the goods stored, the basic tips provided above comes handy and need to be kept in mind.