Protect The Building With Commercial Roofing Dallas TX
One cannot survive without basic necessities. Similarly, a building is not said to complete without a roof. Roof is considered to be the most important aspect of every building whether it is residential or commercial. It is that component that protects the building from environmental damages. Roofs are the part of a building that covers the top. Basically, roofs consist of two parts such as outer layer and support structure. The outer layer of the roof shows many variations in its designing. The support structure is made up of strong material so that it protects the building from wind, rain or snow storms. In case you are planning to have a new roof or replacing the existing one then you must hire the services of Commercial roofing Dallas TX. But before hiring them, you must know about the types of roofing.
Roofing is the procedure by which all the elements are placed in a systematic order to add artistic look to commercial or residential structures. Mainly there are three types of roofing such as Flat, Steep-Sloped and Mansard roofing. The type of roofing is classified on the basis of pitch of the roof and the type of material used.
1. Flat roofing: It refers to roofs having slopes less than 1:12. It is built by using gravel, tar and waterproof membrane like tar paper or fiberglass. It is specifically used for covering porches, sheds and balconies of old buildings. Built up roof is a traditional form of flat roofing. As compared to other types, it is very economical and efficient. It is mostly found in tropical areas.
2. Steep-sloped roofing: It refers to roofs having slopes of 1:12 and above. It is mostly found in hilly areas. It requires less material for the construction purposes. Further it is classified into two types. First is low-sloped roofing which slopes between 2:12 to 4:12. Second is high-sloped roofing which lies between 4:12 to 21:12.
3. Mansard roofing: It refers to roof having slopes of 21:12 and above. A mansard roof is a kind of hip roof. It is classified into two sections such as upper and lower. The upper section is short and the lower section consists of steep, deep vertical slope on all four sides. In Victorian times, it is also termed as garret. Basically, it provides so much spare space that can easily be used as an apartment. Due to its flat structure, it provides a long term opportunity to add extra stories whenever required. Mostly it is covered with shingles.
After knowing about the types of roofing, the next step is to find out the professional roofers. Many companies have come up in the market that is engaged in the construction business. As roofing involves huge amount of investment, therefore be very particular while hiring the roofer. Take the following terms in account while hiring the services such as:
1. Selection of material to be used
2. Durability and reliability of material
3. Ask for the written agreement from the roofer
4. Ask for the maintenance services in advance
You can search for the latest offers through online mode. Also, you can contact them by visiting their website.
for more information visit:-http://www.tycoroofing.com