Learn about Types of Roofs with Bryan Roofing Contractor to know which one Suits You
Have you been thinking of enhancing the aesthetic appeal of your home lately? Well instead of revamping the interior or changing the entire furnishing of your home, why not go for modifying the roof of your abode? Hiring the professional services of reputed Bryan roofing contractor can prove to be an ideal choice especially when there comes a situation where you have to make a choice from plethora of options available.
With each category having its own pros and cons, it becomes quite difficult to make the right choice especially when there are two major aspects to be considered- cost and durability. Bryan roofer proffers choices that will cover both these aspects and makes your decision making simpler.
* The first category offered is that of asphalt shingles. From all the categories available, this is the one that has the durability factor and offers the maximum to the home owner. The asphalt shingles are available in two assortments, composition shingle having an organic base and fiberglass shingle. An idea aspect about these two categories is that they are practically fire resistant, light in weight along with being wind resistant and waterproof. Also, these shingles are merchandised in two different styles, namely three-tab (standard) and multi-layer (designer). The difference between the two is that the former comes with a modestly textured finish while the latter comes with a heavy textured finish.
* The second category offered by professional Bryan roofing companies is that of wood roofing. This can be an ideal choice for the home owners who wish to have a natural or rustic appeal for their homes. Those having log homes can opt for machine-sawed southern pine, cedar or redwood wood shingles while for those who wish to give a contemporary stroke can opt for wood shakes available with asymmetrical edges. However, these wood shingles should be subjected to factory treatment so as to make them fireproof since the ones that are not treated are restricted for usage in certain areas.
* Another category is that of tile roofing that has been in use since decades. Tile roofing is merchandised either from clay or concrete. With the change in times, this sort of roofing is manufactured in an assortment of colors and finishes.
However, a drawback related to tile roofing is that it is comparatively heavies as compared to asphalt, metal or wood roofing materials. In case you wish to use this roofing material as a substitute of any of the mentioned, you need to be sure of handling the added load.
* Another category of roofing offered by Bryan roofing contractor is that if slate roofing. One aspect that should be considered is its weight which is similar to tile roofing. However, this is a category that is available in a series of colors and grades and one thing you can be assured of is that it is everlasting in nature. Slate installation can however prove to be a pricier proposal and should always be performed by a professional who has experience in installing these.
* Last but not the least, there is metal roofing available in both sheets and shingles and are perfect for homes having steep roofs. There is an assortment of shapes available in roofing sheets, whereas, metal shingles can be looked exactly same as wood shingles. The best part according to Bryan roofer is that these are incredible light in weight and fire proof.
Hire the services of professional Bryan roofing companies that offer an assortment of roofs to choose from along with helping you install them.