Bathroom Remodeling-Decision of a Lifetime!
If your bathroom is in the worst of all conditions, then it definitely needs to be remodeled. The thought of bathroom remodeling will make you think of a shining and a sparkling bathroom. Here is what you need to do in order to start the remodeling process.
Repairing or Restructuring?
* It is not necessary that you have to change the entire structure of the bathroom; you can just make a few changes and yet make it look good as new. This is the easiest level of bathroom remodeling, because you do not have to do much except for making alterations on the surfaces.
* If you want to make more changes besides the changes on the surfaces, you can change the entire layout of the bathroom. This process will be a little difficult; because changing the structure is not an easy job.
* An even more difficult job is to change the entire bathroom because of no maintenance over the past fifty years, and the bathroom now smells disgusting even if you clean it a number of times. It is about time; you thought of renovating it completely!
Before you start with the bathroom remodeling process, make sure you keep in mind the amount of time it will take; because you need to be prepared for it. Without any preparation, you might just get annoyed!
Be Financially Prepared:
You need to be financially prepared for a bathroom remodeling; because it will cost you a fortune! You just cannot wake up one morning and decide that you need to work on your bathroom, when you do not even have the funds with you.
Bathroom remodeling involves assistance from plumbers, electricians, fittings and fixtures. You need to keep all of these things in mind; because they require a lot of money, which is why there are many kinds of loans being offered. If you do not have sufficient savings, then you can always avail the option of the home-equity loan; so that you can get the work started on your bathroom, and also find time to go through the different ways by which you can reduce the cost as much as you can.
Seek Professional Help When Needed:
There are many things which you can do yourself; so think of all those things, which you can do all by yourself during the bathroom remodeling process. If you find a task difficult to perform, then the professionals are there to help you out.
* If you do not want to perform any task yourself, then you can always hire a contractor, but make sure that they are licensed. A licensed contractor is always safe to hire; because that reduces the chance of frauds.
* If you require permits for renovation, then you should apply for them before hiring the contractor; because you do not want to delay. Usually, a lot of time is consumed in issuing permits; therefore, this should be done first.
Changing the Layout means renovating it completely:
It is easier to change the layout of your bedroom; because the toilet and shower have to be changed in order to change the layout. These changes in layout will cost you a lot; therefore, take as much time to think before making the final decision.
Repairing and Replacing Shower Tub:
For most people, a shower tub is the main reason of renovating the bathroom.
If the shower tub in your bathroom has some cracks on it or has discolored, then, they can be repaired without spending much money.
If your bath tub is not worth repairing, then you need to get a new one; but, in order to stay away from the repairing fuss, you can install a fiberglass shower tub in your bathroom, which are pre-fabricated. But make sure you buy the right size, because you do not want a shower tub, which occupies the maximum space and makes your bathroom look odd.
Apart from the above-mentioned points, one essential thing to remember while doing bathroom remodeling is not to use hardwood flooring; because it will never be able to handle the moisture in your bathroom. You can choose between laminate flooring ceramic tiles and also engineered flooring for the best results.