5 Types of Commercial Roofing
Small and large companies will most likely seek a company that can offer them with commercial roofing service that may not meddle with their regular business. Dallas Roofing will provide special services just for commercial property. Leaving parking lots free of debris and keeping entry tactics free of obstructions so your business can continue to operate smoothly.
There are many sorts of roofing to select for your commercial building. Selection naturally may depend on cost, the slope of your roof, and the weather conditions in your area.
1. Asphalt Shingles These are the most common type of shingles used on home and commercial buildings today. Reinforced with organic material, wood fibers or fiber glass, these shingles can last from 20 to 30 years. Laminated shingles are also made of asphalt but come in a variety of colours and textures that give this shingle the appearance of costlier shake or slate tiles. These more popular shingles can last between twenty-five and 50 years.
2. Metal Roofing Steel, Aluminum, Standing Seam, Metal Tie, and Copper are just some of the metal roofing materials used today as commercial roofing. If installed properly, metal roofing may last between 30 to fifty years, which is just as well as the costlier asphalt shingles. Metal roofing is not as costly as slate or tile roofing. In the past colored aluminum roofing has been known to fade, oxidize and peel, but many makers have found the solution to this problem. This type of roofing can withstand most extreme weather but has been known to dent when hit with hail. Now a new granulated coating is offered to prevent this result. Copper is another option, though more expensive than aluminum. With a copper roof you should expect it to last as long as a hundred years.
3. Wood Shakes Most roof shakes are made from treated pine, spruce or more commonly, cedar. Hand split shakes off that rough and thick look many seek. Most wood shingles are actually cut using a machine. This gives it a smooth finish, making it easier to install. Cedar is the 1st choice in wood shakes, offering up to a thirty year life. When shakes are first installed, they appear brown or red in color but expect the weather to fade the real wood and leave it a soft grey. Installation for wood shingles can run as much as 50% higher than other types of roofing.
4. Slate Shingles Slate shingles are heavy and harder to install. Though they are easily brittle, they can add beauty to any home. This roof can last from 45 to 70 years and some claim it’ll last over a hundred years if installed correctly. These colorful and rich shingles will add a high price to your structure, costing as much as 400% more than other materials.
5. Tile Roofing Tile is often made from clay but can also be made from concrete or perhaps rubber. There’s a big variety of colours and styles of tile roofing available today. Clay is dearer than concrete tiles but the basic performance, durability and appearance of the tiles is the same. Lasting more than 50 years, this kind of tile is typically extraordinarily heavy and your roof may need additional support.
Whether you have a new structure to roof or are re-roofing your commercial building, be sure to choose the Dallas Roofing. Picking Dallas Roofing which has completed roofs for commercial structures before will be your best chance. Ask if you can view a job they have completed latterly. Be certain to ask about your particular needs, like a flat roof often found on commercial buildings, heating, air vents and other roof obstructions. Also ask to see their roof installation license.