5 Landscape Lighting Ideas To Accentuate Your Yard
An essential aspect of making a house look presentable on all aspects is having the perfect outdoor lighting. Although, at the present a lot of people had been taking outdoor lighting for granted. Without realizing how important adding lights to the outdoor part of the house, these people tend to worry more about saving in their electricity bills.
Outdoor lighting will not only add decoration to your place, but it will also give you the feeling that the house is safe even in the darkest of the night. A properly lit porch, yard, garden, or any part of the exterior part will surely relax and calm your tired body upon going home at the end of the day. And since a lot of these landscape lighting had been becoming more and popular, choosing the one fitted for your house will be made easier if you will consider some of the top 5 choices below.
1. LED or Light Emitting Diode Landscape Lighting-these can actually be an inexpensive option for your garden lighting needs. Since, most people who wanted to relax in their houses now preferred to stay outdoors at night, using LED will be surely relaxing and comforting for them. This light emitting diode can be just right for your driveway, garden, or pathway. They are environment friendly and safe from any hazardous materials that will harm and destroy our Mother Earth. LED lighting can also be positioned strategically and light up objects in your landscape design. Choosing the right bulbs can also be economical beneficial since the standard halogen light can last for more or 3, 000 hours.
2. Solar landscape Lighting-using this type of lighting will definitely help in your struggle to save on your electric bills. Since this is powered by solar, electricity will no longer be needed in installing this types of lighting. The only important thing to consider here is that this has to be placed somewhere it can directly absorb sunlight which is needed for it to charge. Charging this light directly under the sun will boost its capacity to give you the much needed light during the night. Considering the important elements that solar landscape lighting must have is one thing to consider here. Make sure to choose those that are stainless steel, durable, and all-weather resistant.
3. Garden Lighting-having a garden beautifully made at home can be one of the prizes you deserve to have after a day’s work. Growing a home garden has proven to be fruitful for some people now. And adding the perfect lighting that will accentuate this relaxing effect will also help in achieving the effect you like. Garden lightings, which are positioned underwater in your pond or even your fountain, can be a sight to behold and appreciate. Using solar-powered lampshades can also beautify the place. So even if there is no electric source anywhere near your garden, it wouldn’t hold any problem in having lights for your garden. Using solar lightings can also be practical and economical.
4. Low Voltage Landscape Lighting-aside form solar lighting, economical decision will also be made when you chose to have low voltage landscape lighting. Conserving energy and money at the same time will be possible when you use this type of lighting in your outdoor needs. And choosing from the three types of low voltage sources will also add goodness to this. You can opt to have the accent lights which will be just right in achieving the required dcor or “accent” that special occasions will need. Then there is also the pathway lighting which is the lowest voltage you can have. It can be positioned to give either a downward or upward glow. Then finally, there are the mood-setting lightings. These would be perfect in trying to set up the mood or ambiance for a certain occasion that you have in mind. One thing to consider here, though, is to choose the low voltage lighting that has the ability to last and withstand the seasons that will come along.
5. Deck Lighting-this can be classy and just right for summer. Decks are meant primarily to be used at night, and this is the main reason why accentuating it with the proper lights can be a good decision for you to make. Lighting your deck will also ensure the safety of the place where you usually sit and relax after a day’s toil. It is also suggested that you do not just flood your deck with lights so that you will also be able to enjoy the scenery around you.